Saturday, December 31, 2011

Shrimp Scampi

The easiest meal ever, if you are cooking for one, two, three or more......

Really, how easy can this get? Boil the pasta, cooked the shrimp in a mix of butter, olive oil, garlic and some italian seasoning or freshly chopped parsley and oregano. This meal is so simple yet so good. I am in love...

Shrimp Scampi (Serves 3-4)
Ingredients
1lb jumbo shrimps (about 19-21 in a one pound bag)
2/3lb to 1lb of pasta, preferably angel hair or thin spaghetti
1tsp salt
4Tbsp butter
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tsp dried Italian seasoning or 1 Tbsp freshly chopped parsley and oregano
4 Tbsp olive oil

Directions
1. De-shelled the shrimps. Set aside.
2. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add the teaspoon of salt into the boiling water. Add in pasta. Cook pasta according to directions (about 10 minutes). Drain and set aside.

3. In a large pan, heat olive oil and butter over medium heat. Add in garlic and shrimp. Saute till shrimp is cooked, about 5 minutes.

4. Add in pasta and stir till well coated with oil and garlic.
5. Add in the Italian seasoning or freshly chopped herbs.
6. Give it a quick toss and the pasta is ready to serve.
7. I threw in some grated romano cheese onto the shrimp right before serving. Yes, I know, I should not add cheese into my seafood as every Italian grandma will say. But I like it and it is my plate. This recipe is so simple yet so satisfying. 

2 comments:

  1. You are right. It is your plate, you can do what you like! hehe I love prawn cooked in anyway and any dish with prawn will definitly satisfy me. So good to see you cook again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Veron: Thanks, Veron! Yeah, I got my 2 weeks vacation from work and have the time to cook. Going back to work tomorrow though :(

    ReplyDelete