Saturday, June 25, 2011

Crispy Cheese Stuffed Pork Chops

I have been really busy lately. Sorry for all the slow posting. Yes, I am still making supper every night, just do not have the time to post them all. Will get back on track once things settled down.

If you have been reading my blog since early this year, you may recall that I am not a big fan of pork. I am still not a big fan of pork. However, the crispy cheese stuffed pork chops which I featured in this post is something I will not mind to eat again.

The inspiration came from the weather, sort of! It has been raining almost everyday this week and grilling is straightly out the window. Since I have to cook in my kitchen, I figured why not make chicken Cordon Bleu. Then again, I do not Swiss cheese nor ham in my fridge. Oh well, why not make pork chops stuffed with cheese then. That is how this recipe comes about. It is so easy to prepare that I am seriously contemplating to put it as one of my rotation menu.

Crispy Cheese Stuffed Pork Chops
Ingredients
3 boneless pork chops, about 1-inch thick
1 cup of shredded monterey jack or cheddar cheese
1 large egg beaten
1/2 cup flour
1 cup plain breadcrumbs
3 Tbsp grated romano cheese
1 tsp dried parsley
5 Tbsp canola oil
salt and pepper to taste

Directions

Step 1: Lightly pound the pork chops thin. Be careful not to tear the pork.

Step 2: Sprinkle pork chops lightly with salt and pepper.

Step 3: Place 1/3 cup of shredded cheese on the center of pork chops, leaving about 1-inch space from the edge.

Step 4: Fold the sides together.

Step 5: Roll the pork chops tightly to seal.

Step 6: use wooden toothpicks to secure the two ends to avoid cheese from oozing out during the baking process.

Step 7: Wrap pork chops individually in sandwich bags. Place in freezer for 15 minutes so that cheese has time to firm up a little. This step is extremely important to avoid cheese from oozing out during baking process.

Step 8: To prepare pork for cooking, roll pork in flour seasoned with a little salt and pepper.

Step 9: Dip pork chops in egg wash.

Step 10: Coat with breadcrumbs. Repeat with egg wash and breadcrumbs again to double coat the pork.

Step 11: Place coated pork chops in fridge for 15 minutes prior to cooking to let coating to set properly.

Step 12: Heat 5 Tbsp oil in a pan over medium heat. Preheat an oven at 375F.

Step 13: Lightly fried pork chops till golden brown, about 5 minutes on each side. Place pork chops on a baking sheet lined with wire rack. Bake for 15 minutes till cooked.

Served pork chops with pasta salad.

Melted cheese inside crispy pork chops, anyone???





5 comments:

  1. hi

    melted cheese inside crispy pork chops - wow - drooling.

    btw, i have a dear friend who will be moving to Boston and they asked if i have any blogger friends and i found you. Can you write to me lilyng_2000@yahoo.com.

    Thanks, hoping to hear from you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt Lily: Sent you an email earlier. Please check your Yahoo mail. I'd be delighted to meet your dear friend. Send her my way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reese

    i will certainly do that. Have a good 4th of july.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks absolutely amazing, a stuffed and delicious version of schnitzel. You have some interesting and unusual recipes

    ReplyDelete