Friday, April 8, 2011

Country White Bread - Bread Machine

Fate will have it that our family friend, Angela, has a bread maker sitting at home. Since she has never used it, she decided to give it to me instead, knowing how much yours truly love to bake. Well, if it is a new gadget, I will surely want to try it out first.

Ange even saved the instruction book for the bread maker. To test out the machine for the first time, I have decided to follow the recipe in the instruction booklet to the T, just to see how the machine works.
It is a good size bread machine, which can produce up to a 2lb loaf. To put it to test, I decided to bake country style white bread since everyone at home enjoys it.
I am really pleased with the result. See the fine texture of the bread. Even the crust is amazing. The joy of a fresh baked loaf of bread. Never again will I have to buy bread at the store again. The best part is the cleaning. To top it all up, the loaf pan is non-stick. The bread literally slide out of the pan as soon as I inverts it. Next up will be using it to make a pumpernickel loaf or apple cinnamon bread.

Country Style White Bread
Ingredients
4 cups King Arthur's brand bread flour or any brand of your choice
1 cup whole milk, heat to 115F or 46C
1 1/2 Tbsp melted butter
1 large egg
3 tablespoon sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp active dry yeast

Directions

Step 1: Measure out all the liquid ingredients and dry ingredients.


Step 2: Place milk, butter, sugar and salt into the bread machine.

Step 3: Add in the flour. Make a well in the middle and add in the egg and yeast. Set the cycle to basic and turn on the bread machine.
Step 4: Let the bread machine does its thing. The cycle will include kneading and proofing.

Step 5: This is how the bread looks like right after baking. I have the darkness set to medium. If you like your bread lighter, adjust the setting for a light crust.

Step 6: Let bread rest on a wire rack till completely cool before slicing.
Serve with butter and jam, cold cuts or peanut butter and jelly.





4 comments:

  1. This was delicious- I had the first slice with the butter melting on it- nice and yeasty!
    -Reese's mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made this and it was the best bread machine bread I have ever tried. Its crusty on the outside and medium soft in the middle with a beautiful "crumb" PERFECT !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear that. Check out my other bread recipes. I can't imagine not having my bread machine on hand when the need to bake bread arises. It is one of the best machine invented ever. I hardly bake in it anymore (till summer, at least)but the small little machine does wonder in kneading and proofing dough for recipes which you will remove the dough and bake it in a pullman tin or shape into rolls. Happy Baking!

      Delete